- Games & Schedule
- News / Community
- Hurricanes Shop
HALIFAX HURRICANES PAPER AIRPLANE CHALLENGE
THURSDAY, MARCH 16, 2017
SCOTIABANK CENTRE, HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA
1. This Contest is free to enter and open to all residents of the province of Nova Scotia except employees of the Halifax Hurricanes, Promoters and their agencies and persons with whom they reside. No purchase necessary. One entry per person. Noncompliance with any entry procedure will result in disqualification. Must be 19 years of age or older to enter. Minors must have parent’s/guardian’s permission to participate.
2. HOW TO PLAY: Each person entering the Halifax Hurricanes’ National Basketball League of Canada Game at Scotiabank Centre on Thursday, March 16, 2017 will receive an official entry form. To denote receipt of this official enter form, the person’s ticket stub will be marked with a red dot on it. Contestants are required to write their name, phone number and e-mail address on the official enter form to qualify to participate in the contest. Instructions on how to construct the paper airplane will appear on the back of this form. During Half Time, an octagon shaped container (2.51m x 2.51m x 51cm) (99” x 99” x 20”) will be placed at Centre Court. When notification is given, contestants will have two (2) minutes to fly their paper airplane into the container. Contestants, whose designated seat is located in the lower bowl, must remain behind the hockey boards located around the perimeter of the Scotiabank Centre. Contestants, whose designated seat is located courtside, must remain behind the sidelines (behind the blue painted sideline, all sides of the court); the two boundaries lines running the length of the court and the baseline/sideline, the two boundaries lines running the sideline to sideline behind the backboards at the end of the court. Contestants will only have one attempt to fly their plane into the container. In order to qualify for prizing, a contestant’s official entry form (paper airplane) must completely enter the designated container.
3. PRIZE: The prize is valued at $500.00 CAD.
4. The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded.
5. Some prize restrictions may apply.
6. The Halifax Hurricanes, and participating sponsors bear no liability arising or pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the contest, including liability and from the acceptance of and participation in the prize as awarded and confirming compliance with contest rules.
7. Entrants must consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image on videotape for publicity purposes in all media carried out by the Halifax Hurricanes and the Promoters, without payment or compensation. If the winner(s) is under the age of majority, a consent form will be issued and returned before prize will be granted. All entries shall become the property of the Halifax Hurricanes
8. The Halifax Hurricanes will not be responsible for substitution through cancellation of contest by promoter. The Promoters may withdraw or cancel the contest and the prize winners participation in it prior to, after commencement of, or during the promotion and may make notice to, or approval of, or liability or responsibility to the prize winner whatsoever.
9. The decision of the Contest Manager is final on all matters of fact, interpretations, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment.
10. By entering this contest you acknowledge having read and accepted these rules.